Submit your algal records
- Select either the ‘marine’ or ‘freshwater’ option from the 'Submit records' tab
- On the ‘about the visit' tab type a grid reference into the box or click on the map to show where you made your algal sighting. You should record at the highest resolution possible – the resolution changes as you zoom in or out. The highest resolution that can be recorded is a 10m x 10m square (8-digit grid reference).
- Fill in as much information as you can in the other boxes. Boxes marked * must be filled in.
- On the 'species seen' tab type in the scientific name of your species and select the correct one from the dropdown options. You can also type 2 letters from the genus and 3 from the species name to find species by abbreviation, e.g. "fuser" will find Fucus serratus.
- Click ‘upload photo’ to add one or more macro or microscopic photographs of your alga. You do not have to upload a photo, but it will help to verify your record and is almost essential in the case of very rare microscopic algae or new records for the British Isles.
- Fill in as much information as you can in the other boxes.
- Click ‘submit’ in the bottom left hand corner.
- If you have a large number of records to add you can do this via a spreadsheet import – see: http://www.bpsalgalrecords.com/import-records
Amend or delete a record
- Select ‘my records’ from the ‘explore’ tab.
- Click on ‘edit’ next to the record you wish to change or delete.
- Click on X next to the species name to delete the record, or change any of the fields you wish, including adding or removing photos, then click ‘submit’.